NBL 2023 news: Harry Froling recovering at home after alleged one-punch attack, injuries

Brisbane Bullets centre Harry Froling has left hospital and is recovering at home, with an image revealing the extent of the shocking injuries he sustained in an alleged one-punch attack on the NSW South Coast last month.

The 24-year-old’s father, former NBL player Shane Froling, posted a photo to Twitter of his son’s shaved head and dramatic scar following his major surgery in hospital.

Watch an average of 9 LIVE NBA Regular Season games per week on ESPN on Kayo Sports on ESPN on Kayo Sports. New to Kayo? Start your free trial now >

Froling was knocked unconscious in the alleged attack on a Wollongong street on January 22 about 2.40am, following his side’s game against the Illawarra Hawks.

He suffered a fractured skull and bleeding on the brain, undergoing major surgery in the week after the incident.

“Harrison Froling is out of hospital and recovering,” Shane Froling wrote.

“As much as we would love to address media and questions we will leave it until police evidence is presented.

“He is on the mend, thankyou for the care and love sent.”

Bullets coach Greg Vanderjagt said last week a club inquiry would be conducted into the incident following the police investigation.

“The club will conduct their own investigation when the time is right and put everything together and take the appropriate course of action in terms of how we manage the group and how we manage those situations on the road moving forward,” Vanderjagt said.

“It’s something that is real and we certainly don’t sweep it under the table and just ignore it.

“But at this point in time, there’s not too much else to say on that because it is a police matter.”

The Bullets’ NBL campaign reached its close on Saturday as they lost 75-80 to the New Zealand Breakers, finishing ninth on the ladder with an 8-20 record and missing the playoffs.

Read related topics:Brisbane

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *